Sunday, July 10, 2011

How can I help my husband with his audition? And should I?

My husband is a performer and more recently he got a big role in two films (he's been a performer for more than 20 years). He decided about 4 months ago, that he wanted to go for an audition at a very famous acting school in NY to get a MA (or something like that). It's a big deal, but I'm pretty sure he hasn't prepared properly. He's learned a scene from a play, but he didn't get any acting coaches or anything to go over it with him, he's only got the words down in his head (I'm no expert but I think you should know what your gonna do physically in general when you're going to perform). He is great at improvising (that's why the directors who work with him chose him), but he's not being directed or anything at the audition. What can I do to help? And should I interfere?

No comments:

Post a Comment