Saturday, July 16, 2011

Playing bassoon in the high school band?

I played trumpet for about 3 months in 4th grade and hated it. I played piano from 1st grade to 5th grade but my teacher couldn't teach anymore because he was going back to school. I am in high school now and am fascinated by the bassoon. I love the sound it makes and everything about it. I will practice as much as I need to be great. I learned to ride a unicycle well by practicing for about 2 hours a day last summer (I know too much time on my hands). My point is that I will do anything to succeed at this instrument. If I practice through the summer and get private lessons, can I play in my high school band next fall? They don't have any bassoon players but are always willing to take new members into the band. Can I just find some sort of improvised piece or notes to go along with their playing? Also, how do I go about finding out if I can do this?

No comments:

Post a Comment