Monday, July 18, 2011

Why doesn't my toaster properly work?

I had the amazing idea to use my toaster to receive free WiFi. I got an old wire hangar and bent it and used a soldiering gun to soldier it to the heating elements in the toaster. then I cut the power cord open and soldiered an Ethernet cable into the wiring of the power cord and connected the Ethernet cable to my laptop. the toaster still works and everything. so the idea is that when I turn the toaster on and it's cooking, the heat will activate my improvised antenna and the antenna will syphon WiFi from my neighbors router and send the Internet through my toasters power cord and into the Ethernet cable, thus giving me free WiFi. when i attempted to make it work, sparks began wildly shooting off the heating elements and the power cord immediately burst into flames. I don't know what went wrong I'm positive I did it all correctly. what could have gone wrong?

No comments:

Post a Comment