Thursday, July 14, 2011

Am I on track to be a proffessional golfer?

I am 13 and play golf every day I can which is usually five times a week. I shoot right around 80 from the tips at my home course( which is 7000 yards with a 72.9 rating). I can only drive the ball 200 yards because i have not hit my growth spurt but am about to go on a rigorous workout schedule that a trainer guarantees to add 25 yards to your game. I have a great short game, i can get up and down from almost anywhere. I average 26.7 putts a round. I believe I have the mental aspect of the game down because I have read ( the better word is worshipped ) all of Bob Rotellas books. One last thing, pressure does not get to me. Every day I hit 50 putts from a distance of 10 ft+ while playing a mind game with myself about having to make this putt to force a playoff in the U.S Open, and i make maybe twenty of them, the same amount I would make just casually putting the ball. I recently played with 2 club pros, one a former pga tour player. I played the mens tees so I could keep up with them, and found myself having a good round despite feeling pressure to perform well. On the last hole I was tied with both of them, and misclubbed myself, dumping a pitching wedge in the front bunker, knowing I had to get up and down I looked down to find the worst lie youve ever seen. But I stepped into the bunker, improvised on how to play the shot, and miraculously holed , to tie. I was so nervous during that entire time playing with the pros. Thanks for your insight

No comments:

Post a Comment